Strasbourg study trip May 2019, 20 mai 2019 20:00-23 mai 2019 23:00, .
From 20-23 May 2019, undergraduate, postgraduate and research students at Middlesex have the opportunity to go on a study trip to Strasbourg to visit institutions of the Council of Europe and the European Parliament.
The trip will include visits to:
- the European Court of Human Rights (we hope this will include seeing a hearing and meeting several judges)
- the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
- the office of the Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights
- the European Parliament in Strasbourg
- other Council of Europe bodies (to be confirmed)
There will also be plenty of time to explore the beautiful city of Strasbourg!
Students will be given guidance to book their own travel and accommodation. Students will also be responsible for their own travel insurance. The School of Law will not be able to reimburse any expenses.
Costs: a return trip (London-Strasbourg) on the Eurostar and three nights’ accommodation in a budget hotel (including breakfast but excluding other meals) would be around £250. Costs can be reduced by sharing rooms and cheap flights are also available.
Please register here if you would like to express interest in coming on the trip. We will then contact those who have expressed interest with further details and ask students to confirm their place – on a first come, first served basis, and by no later than 8 February 2019.
*This trip is only available to students who attend Middlesex University.