Slideluck Gazebook: When Photobooks make love with Multimedia, 7 août 2016 14:00, Gazebook: Sicily Photobook Festival
DEADLINE CALL: 7th AUGUST 2016
SCREENING: 10th SEPTEMBER 2016
SUBMIT HERE: https://slideluck.submittable.com/submit/61350
VERSIONE ITALIANA: http://files.cargocollective.com/537460/Slideluck_Call_ITA.pdf
We are delighted to announce that Slideluck Gazebook will debut in Sicily on Saturday 10th September 2016, during Gazebook: Sicily Photobook Festival!
The evening is art directed by Valentina Abenavoli (Publisher, Co-Founder AkinaBooks), Andy Adams (Founder Flak Photo Network, Digital Producer and Photo Editor), Daria Birang (Artist, Curator and Photo Editor) and Yumi Goto (Curator of Reminders Photography Stronghold).
The first edition of Slideluck Gazebook will take place open-air at Punta Secca (Ragusa, Sicily – Italy) where the Sicily Photobook Festival will be organised. The screening will occur on Saturday night, in a small square besides the beach, under the light-house!
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS (DEADLINE: Aug. 7th, 2016)
WHEN PHOTOBOOKS MAKE LOVE WITH MULTIMEDIA
For the screening, Slideluck Gazebook is welcoming photographic bodies of work and multimedia submissions on the theme “When Photobooks make love with Multimedia”.
The challenge of Slideluck Gazebook will be to find a connection between photobooks and multimedia through your creativity as movie director: disassemble your photobook and let’s see how your images and text can dance on the rhythm of the right soundtrack!”
For this edition of Slideluck Gazebook we are mainly looking for works that are based on any kind of photobook: published, dummy, zine, self-published, hand-made, on-demand, even your journal or sketchbook! Include the info of your “photobook” at the start/end of the multimedia to promote it!
However, even if you don’t have any kind of photobook yet, but you would like to make one, then you are still welcome to join the call. Try to create your ideal photobook into a multi-narrative video to impress our panel guest: “Fuck! This might be a great photobook!”.
There isn’t a specific theme for the project/photobook itself, but it’s fundamental to create a connection between the multimedia and the photobook you want to promote or to publish or to create. Remember that we are not looking for slow, boring, pages-browsing videos or just flat slideshows! Use instead the potentiality of multimedia and his languages to transform your project from photobook to multimedia, from bookbinding to video/clip-binding.
Slideluck Gazebook is an important chance to show your photobook to the jury composed by Valentina Abenavoli, Andy Adams, Daria Birang and Yumi Goto during the call.
The 20 finalist will be screened in front of the important Gazebook guest panel and the whole audience present during the screening night at the Sicily Photobook Festival.
The GUEST PANEL is composed by professionals that work in the photobook market with different roles useful for your project, such as Martin Parr, Olivia Arthur & Philipp Ebeling (Fishbar), Chiara Capodici & Fiore Pinna Tereškova (Tre Terzi – 3/3), Michela Palermo, Colin Pantall, Francesca Seravalle, Giulia Zorzi (Micamera – lens based arts), Andrea Copetti (Tipi Bookshop), Federica Chiocchetti (Photocaptionist), Niccolò Degiorgis (Rorhof), Klaus Pichler, Laura El-Tantawy and Mariateresa Salvati, Founder and Editor-in-chief at Slideluck Editorial!
Gazebook: Sicily Photobook Festival is organised by Bellina Teresa, Simone Sapienza and Melissa Carnemolla, with the precious collaboration of the art committee composed by Colin Pantall, Lina Pallotta, Chiara Oggioni Tiepolo, Maurizio Garofalo.
This is an opportunity for photographers to have their work/photobooks screened and promoted in a unique environment in front of an important panel guest!
Submit your work for a chance to be shown at Slideluck Gazebook for “When Photobooks make love with Multimedia”!
Submissions will be accepted until the 7th of August, 2016.
Finally, we are also happy to offer some more benefits for those who will be selected amongst the 20 finalists:
1. Your submission is free if you’ll sign-up for a workshop organised by Gazebook (LINK Workshop Gazebook) before the deadline. Send an email to email@example.com for your free submission;
2. The first winner (selected by the guest panel during the screening night) will be invited as Official Guest for the following edition of Gazebook (September 2017, TBC) to give an Evening Talk about his photobook in front of the guest panel and audience / food and accommodation included, flight not included;
3. One finalist will join for FREE the Workshop Gazebook: Fishbar // Olivia Arthur & Philipp Ebeling – From Image to Page (10-11 September 2016) / The winner will be chosen 3 weeks before the workshop by Fishbar – if he’s signed-up already, he will be refunded;
4. One finalist will join for free the Workshop Gazebook: 3/3 – The Structure of the Photobook with Chiara Capodici and Fiorenza Pinna, during Gazebook – Sicily Photobook Festival (10-11 September 2016) / The winner will be chosen 3 weeks before the workshop by 3/3 – if he’s signed-up already, he will be refunded;
5. One finalist will join for free the Workshop Gazebook: Michela Palermo – Cutting You during Gazebook – Sicily Photobook Festival (09 September 2016) / The winner will be chosen 3 weeks before the workshop by Michela Palermo – if he’s signed-up already, he will be refunded;
6. One finalist will have an Exhibition produced and displayed at the following edition of Gazebook (September 2017, TBC) / food and accommodation included, flight not included;
7. One finalist will have an exhibition produced by Foiano Fotografia during the next edition of Foianofotografia Photo Festival at Foiano della Chiana (Arezzo, Tuscany – Italy) / selected by Chiara Oggioni Tiepolo – Art Director Foiano Fotografia;
8. The best finalists will be featured on Slideluck Editorial;
9. You will help Gazebook to survive and continue for the next editions!
…stay tuned for more prizes and collaborations and features!
HOW TO SUBMIT
There is a € 10,00 fee per submission. Why?
The fee is an important, but still cheap, contribute to help the organisation of Gazebook – Sicily Photobook Festival. It’s our way to ask your sustain for a free-cost, no-profit, festival that takes place thanks to few, small, private sponsors. Submitting your work/photobook is a different way to make a crowdfunding that help both Gazebook and your photobook. Gazebook aims to become ever more important for the diffusion of photography in Sicily through the language of photobooks.
For inquiries about Slideluck Gazebook please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: Gazebook: Sicily Photobook Festival